Thursday, June 14, 2007

Labor Omnia Vincit T-Shirt Design

"Labor Omnia Vincit" literally means "Work wins all" in latin. But to take the literal meaning would be to miss it's true meaning, "Perserverance Conquers All." This phrase has special meaning to me as it applies to all the aspects of my life that I'm most proud of.

Without perservering, I would have given up on my martial arts training, I would have thrown my hands up and dropped this apparel business in frustration. But if I think that I can conquer this, I can overcome this. It is just an obstacle, a challenge and I can take it, then nothing seems impossible.

So in a way, I feel like I am not selling a t-shirt so much, or even some cool design, but telling a message. That through hard work and perserverance, there is nothing you cannot do. Sometimes, you just can't listen to the naysayers and go with what you feel. Believe you can do it and you will.

Incidentally, Labor omnia vincit is the motto of the American Federation of Labour and the state motto of Oklahoma.

The "Labor Omnia Vincit" graphic t-shirt is available at FireSnake Graphic T-Shirts.

No comments: